Why can't we scroll the window with the middle button?

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: 3 Nov 2001 17:32:25 -0800

Dear all,

There is a scroller middle button on most new mouse models, with which we can scroll the window vertically without moving the mouse to the vertical scroll bar. This is a simple but useful interface improvement, it works with almost all Windows programs. Unfortuntely, Oracle programs don't seem to work with this, not in java programs and helps, not in sqlplusw.exe. An exception is "documentation library", but you know it's IE.

Anyone knows how this button works? Microsoft has been notorious about not fully supporting java standards, is it possible for java programs like DBA Studio or Universal Installer to do this, from a developer's point of view?

Thanks,
Dino Received on Sat Nov 03 2001 - 19:32:25 CST