Snapshot Refresh

From: Anup <anup_mahajan_at_vsnl.com>
Date: 3 Nov 2001 00:57:08 -0800

Hi,

        I have a query which I am not able to solve. It is "How do you check whether a Snapshot has been refreshed at the desired time".

I have tried the following queries..

select

(sysdate-a.start_with)

from

        dba_snapshots a
where

        a.name= 'SNAP_SL'
and

        a.start_with is not null

If the above query returns a positive number then the snapshot has not been refreshed,
else for values <= 0, the snapshot has been refreshed.

The problem here is that I don't know whether start_with column is incremented even if the Snapshot Refresh fails in which case the above query would fail.

I have also been trying

select

(sysdate - max(a.last_refresh)) _ to_char(b.next,'dd-mon-yyyy
hh24:mi:ss')
from

	dba_snapshots b,
	dba_snapshot_refresh_times a
where
	b.name = 'SNAP_SL'
and
	a.name = b.name
and
	a.last_refresh is not null
and
	b.next is not null

group by
	sysdate, b.next

The problem here is that I am not able to convert the NEXT column of dba_snapshots
table to a date format to compare it with other dates.

Any suggestions...And one last thing is how do I get the frequency of Snapshot Refreshing in Hours???

Many thanks,
Anup Received on Sat Nov 03 2001 - 02:57:08 CST