Re: Backup/Recovery Question

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2001 18:41:54 -0800

You have to run your Sever in archive Log mode and keep your archinve log files safe( on some tape media) , then you have to take hot backup of your Datafiles (you can schedule as you wish) then in case of media failure or disaster you have to bring your latest Hot backup then do the recovery and apply the archive log file.

I hope this way you can save your Database without having inconsistencies.

Faheem Rao