Re: Slow Import

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:01:27 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam (Nuno Souto)
[mailto:nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam]

Posted At: Friday, November 02, 2001 4:02 PM Posted To: server
Conversation: Slow Import
Subject: Re: Slow Import

In a valiant and sublime effort,Norman Dunbar frowned, dipped a thumb in soot and doodled:

[ND] ... segment space. At present you are committing once, at the very
end of
[ND] the import.

[NS] Small correction: committing once at the end of each table.

Whoops, you are correct. I'm going to go back and read all of chapter 2 of the utilities manual again until I get it right.

[ND] Check out your sort parameters in initSID.ora - they might be too
small
[ND] and the sorting required for building indexes is taking place on
disc.

[NS] Yes, that usually helps.

Oh well, I got one bit right then :o)

Regards & thanks

Norman.

Norman Dunbar			EMail:	Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
				Fax:	0113 289 3146
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	URL:	http://www.Lynx-FS.com