Re: Memory Leak

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:08:01 +0300

Is the PC in question connected to the Internet? Is it behind a firewall? Symptoms of 'normally' behaving system starting to consume all available memory and crash on regular basis may be an indication of an infection by a worm like Nimda. Good if I'm wrong because you will probably have to cleanly reinstall the system and change all passwords if I am right.