Binding Oracle to two CPU's in a four CPU Sun Solaris 8 system........

From: Scott Lawson <slawson_at_sghms.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 16:47:15 +0000

Hi,

Does anyone have an example of binding an Oracle server (we are using 8.1.7 standard edition)
to two CPU's on a four CPU system.

Background. We have an E450 which we have installed Oracle on, this system has 4 CPU's. I
wish to only allow Oracle to use two of these for it's processes, the remaining two I wish to be
left alone. These other two I will use for Ingres.

The system is running Solaris 8 01/01

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

I am guessing you use the Solaris pbind command.... (I have never used it though)

Or is there any internal Oracle commands that can be used in the start-up scripts?

Thanks,

Scott.

Scott Lawson
Systems Manager
Department Of Information Services
St. George's Hospital Medical School
Tooting
London SW17 0RE
UK

P: 44 (0)208 725 2896
F: 44 (0)208 725 3583

mailto:s.lawson_at_sghms.ac.uk

http://www.sghms.ac.uk

Your mouse has moved.
Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect. Reboot now? [OK]