Table busy

From: Venkatesan P <pvenkatesan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2001 08:14:21 -0800

Hi,

I use oracle 8.1.6 on AIX. I ran an insert in SQLPlus like this.

>>truncate table CK.DB0005;
>>insert into CK.DB0005 select ............. from CK.TB0005 ;

I was running this in background.

Since this took long time to process because of volume, i killed the SQLplus process.

when i tried to run the same thing in batch again, I got the following error msg.

truncate table  CK.DB0005
                     *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified

When i called my DBA he found the first query, still running and knocked off that session for me.

Even after that, i get the same error msg while Truncating.

I end up requesting for bouncing the database instance, whenever this happens.

Any help on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Venkat Received on Fri Nov 02 2001 - 10:14:21 CST