Re: Slow Import

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 16:03:23 GMT

  1. check out http://www.oracledba.co.uk/tips/import_speed.htm
  2. does the one big table contains a LONG ? if so increasing your import buffer won't change a thing - if commit=y import will commit this table after EACH record - so you're looking at 8.5 million commits and a lot of waits ... I would create one cowabunga rollback segment in a locally managed uniform sized tablespace and offline all the rest of RBS - set COMMIT=N ... so one commit after each table
  3. set analyze=n will save you quite a bit too - analyse your data afterwards
  4. 1.5Gb is a small DB - I hope you didn't throw it all on one disk or one RAID5 volume now did you ???