Slow Import

From: Cameron Abbott <cvabbott_at_altavista.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 09:06:37 -0500

Hi All,

Is there any way to spped up a database import? Here is the situation.

I did an export of a Oracle 7.3.4 database, it took 49 minutes using the direct option. The database contained 274 tables and the export file is 1.5 gigabytes. I am trying to import this data into a new database, Oracle 8.1.5. After 18 hours of importing it has only imported 116 tables. The 116th table has 8.5 million records which seems to be taking alot of time to import.

Is there an option like direct that I can use to speed up the import?

My import command is

imp user/password fromuser=user_id touser=user_id file=exp.dmp

Thanks

Cameron Received on Fri Nov 02 2001 - 08:06:37 CST