Re: Problem creating control file

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 12:45:00 +0100

On 2 Nov 2001 01:58:40 -0800, mapelli.marco_at_libero.it (Marco Mapelli) wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am having problems creating control file under
>RH 6.1 and Oracle 8.1.6.
>I use the following SQL statement :
>
>create controlfile reuse
>database SYST
>LOGFILE GROUP 1 ('/home/oracle/syst/data/log1.log',
> '/home/oracle/syst/data/redobck/log1.log') SIZE 1M REUSE,
> GROUP 2 ('/home/oracle/syst/data/log2.log',
> '/home/oracle/syst/data/redobck/log2.log') SIZE 1M REUSE
>maxinstances 2 resetlogs;
>
>The error I get is :
>
>create controlfile reuse
>*
>ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
>ORA-01565: error in identifying file '?/dbs/dbs1@.dbf'
>ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
>Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
>Additional information: 3
>
>Any ideas ?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Marco Mapelli

Marco

I'm not sure why you are reposting a request from several days ago *that was answered* and the answer was correct. The problem with your create controlfile statement is -which you could have easily verified when you would have looked up the syntax- you don't include any datafile specification in your statement, including the specification of the datafile for the system tablespace. Apparently Oracle is making up a default filespec and that file doesn't exist.
If you don't think this solution is correct (which I derive from the repost of your request) I think you should respond why you think you can't use it, instead of just repeating an already answered post.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 02 2001 - 05:45:00 CST