Re: Unable to run ifs configuration assistant

From: dirk <dirk.merzbach_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2 Nov 2001 02:35:06 -0800

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<ttsp141c76f1bf_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> "dirk" <dirk.merzbach_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > On a Windows NT server I installed IFS 1.1.9. At the end of the
> > installation there is a message stating installation successful.
> > However when I attempt to run the configuration assistant by double
> > clicking on ifsconfig.bat a dos window flashes and that is it.
> >
> > NT server is a Pentium 4, NT 4.0, Service Pack 6 with 1 GB RAM
> > Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 is installed on this machine. Oracle and IFS share
> > the same Oracle home.
> >
> > How can I get the configuration assistant started?
> > Any help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Dirk
>
> I think the first thing you should do now is start up a dos window and run
> the ifsconfig.bat manually. In that case the error message doesn't just
> flash away, as you will also need to exit manually.
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Ok, I did this already. But there is no error message, just the content of the ifsconfig.bat appears in the DOS-window. There's also no logfile or errorfile written anywhere in the ifs-directories.

I think, the problem may be caused because of wrong pathnames. Is this possible? Perhaps Java-paths, that are wrong? But there's no path to edit manually due to the installer's guide.

Thanks,
Dirk Received on Fri Nov 02 2001 - 04:35:06 CST