Re: htp/htf packages on ORACLE 8i

From: ek <nirkeen_at_saber.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 23:28:19 -0800

From: Oracle, Rhoderick Butial 23-Aug-01 14:29 Subject: Re : how to use pl/sql web toolkit without installing OAS

Hello,

To install htp. PLSQL Toolkit manually follow these steps:

  1. Create a new database account called OAS_PUBLIC identified by the same password as your OAS Node Manager page.
  2. From your Unix prompt -> cd $ORACLE_HOME/ows/cartx/plsql/admin You will see a plsql script called "ctowasyn.sql"
  3. Connect to your database from Unix prompt as OAS_PUBLIC user using svrmgl (Server Manager)
  4. Execute "ctowasyn.sql" script.

"ctowasyn.sql" will install PLSQL toolkit under OAS_PUBLIC account and will grant execute priviledge to all other database users.

Steps above manually replace what OAS Node Manager executes from GUI interface.

Thank you,

Rod
Oracle Technical Support

<3BE24467.72ADF9B9_at_fh-offenburg.de>...