Listener starts but can't stop it.... ??????

From: Dominic Baines <dombaines_at_mmbq.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 07:00:50 -0000

Have recovered from a system crash and recovered the whole of a live database, install etc...

DB seems fine (acts fine anyway) and dbstart and dbshut operate as before.

lsnrctl start starts the listener as you'd expect but.... lsnrctl stop can't stop the listeners... it's complaining about a password.

Anyone shed any light on this behaviour ?

I can run kill-9 <pid> so the listener stops and I stop the DB first.

It's RedHat 7.1 (with binutils downgraded, and the i386 lib files copied etc...) and Oracle 8.1.7..

Dev box so non-critical but would be interesting to know what is going on.

--
Dominic Baines