Re: System Tablespace gone mad!

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 22:48:23 GMT

Rich-

I seem to recall if Designer 2000 is installed an option is offered to increase idl_ub2$ storage parameter and perhaps another table as well, but I don't recall the details. Is it possible someone installed either Designer or another similar tool and applied some absurd value to the option?

Or perhaps some huge runaway plsql compilation took place, grew the table and maybe later the plsql objects were dropped but the table is still huge? I would look for something silly to have happened, which means *nobody* will admit to having done it.