Listener not listening ?

From: Dooban <doobas_at_terra.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 12:18:46 -0800

I have installed Oracle EE 8i 1.7 and Designer 6i rel 3, in that order.

I have created a TNS_ADMIN key in HKLM-Software-Oracle pointing to C:\ORACLE\ORA81\NETWORK\ADMIN. I have deleted the TNSNAMES.ORA, AND SQLNET.ORA so that there would be no conflicts from C:\ORACLE\DEV6i\NET80\ADMIN.

After that I am able to connect with SQLPLUSW with scott/tiger_at_ORCL. Just in case it didn´t work I have connected from the SQLPLUSW.exe located in:

    C:\ORACLE\ORA81\BIN
    C:\ORACLE\DEV6i\BIN
    C:\ORACLE\des_817\BIN

In every case I was able to succesfully connect using scott/tiger_at_ORCL.

I have also installed Developer 6i rel3 and been able to log using the ORCL instance.

The problem arises when trying to launch DESIGNER. When I log using the same connection string the following error appears:

ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination RME-00220: Failed to connect to Repository I have not yet created the repository, so the second error is ok but not the first one.

When issuing a TNSPING ORCL I get a TNS-12541:no listener error. The listener IS started !

This is the output of the LSNRCTL status:

C:\>lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on 01-NOV-2001 21:16:44 (c) Copyright 1998 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Conectßndose a (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521))) ESTADO del LISTENER

Alias                     LISTENER
Versi¾n                   TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version
8.1.7.0.0 - Production
Fecha de Inicio           01-NOV-2001 20:56:45
Tiempo de actividad                    0 dÝas 0 hr. 20 min. 1 seg.
Nivel de Rastreo          off
Seguridad                 OFF
SNMP                      OFF

Fichero de Parßmetros del Listener
C:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\listener.ora Fichero Log del Listener C:\oracle\ora81\network\log\listener.log Resumen de servicios...
  orcl tiene 1 gestor(es) de servicio El comando se ha ejecutado correctamente

Sorry for the language.

Pleeease help.

Thanks. Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 14:18:46 CST