Re: System Tablespace gone mad!

From: Richard Q Woodland <richwoodland_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 14:27:42 -0500

Thank you, Mr. Bakker, for such a rapid reply!

IDL_UB2$ appears to be a table, not an index, so the rebuild, etc. won't work!

We did rebuild the I_SOURCE1 index (we needed to increase the system tablespace another half gig to achieve this ;) ), then performed the analyze ... and the results from the select on index_stats is :-.

BLOCKS DEL_LF_ROWS PCT_USED
64000 0 90

Why would this stuff suddenly become such a problem in a three day period, after being up for probably a year? As I said, I don't think the activity has suddenly increased.

Rich.