Re: Authenticate database users against Linux

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 05:03:19 -0800

> He has two options - global user (own schema in all databases) and
> schema independent user (use a shared schema).
> Instead of "create user ops$andreas identified externally" he must use
>
> CREATE USER andreas IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY AS
> 'CN=andreas,OU=departmentx,O=sb-brixen,C=IT'
>
> for global user.

Wow, have actually gotten that to work? I've been trying to figure out this, and the 'enterprise users' concept with no luck. No one in oracle support even seems to know it exists, so I was wondering if it's vaporware? One oracle support person even told me that ldap can't be used for authentication and I should take some classes in ldap. If you have gotten this to work, does it need the Advanced Security Option? And how hard was the whole process? Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 07:03:19 CST