Re: Single instance multiple database?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:00:05 -0000

Depends on what you mean by recover.

You can export,import on a schema by schema basis. You can also recover a tablespace to a specific moment in time so this might allow conventional recovery of a schema if your object locatiuons are sensible. I must admit though I tend to think of recover as an all or nothing event.

If your schemas have entirely different purposes (say development and live or two different apps) you are better off with multiple databases and instances.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA