Re: updatable resultset

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:49:50 -0000

"Chris" <chris.lo_at_cyberwisdom.net> wrote in message news:9rqjm6$96h$1_at_tenorhorn.hk.dyxnet.com...
> How can I update the value of an CLOB type column without using updatable
> resultset?

AFAIK You can't. You certainly shouldn't be able to open a read-only object in any programming environment and then update it.

Mind you a long time ago I learned the programmers maxim

"variables don't and constants aren't."

So maybe there is a hack that will achieve this

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA