Re: Oracle Ref Cursor and ADO do not play well together!!

From: ericn <ericn_at_sarek.cjb.net>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 15:17:37 -0800

Thanks, though I already saw this link in many of the older posts in this group and I already tried all the methods listed there.

Very frustrating...

I finally have resigned myself to the fact the ADO just doesn't work well with oracle.. it seems as if this might be yet another microsoft invention designed to break the competion's product... so I re-coded my application's functions to use OO4O (Oracle Objects for OLE). Now everything works smoothly. I have not had any further trouble and OO4O seems to have all the same functionality that I was looking for from ADO. I would advise anyone interfacing with Oracle from a windows platform to use OO4O and don't waste your time playing with ADO.

Enjoy!

--Eric