I trusted exp/imp - I'm a fool

From: broom <broom_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 14:59:59 -0800

Trust but verify.

When will I learn?

I didn't verify.

I have (or had) a table that I trashed.

This is a batch mode operation, so I was using table specific export scripts to do my backups.

When I attempted to list the create statement via imp, I get:

. . skipping partition "SUPPRESSION":"SYS_P489" IMP-00051: Direct path exported dump file contains illegal column length IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file:

IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file:

IMP-00008: unrecognized statement in the export file:

The IMP-00008 continues MANY times ( I assume once for each row).

According to oerr, I have a corrupt exp.dat file.

Nope.

This error happens with different exp.dat files of the same table. But other exps done at the same time (AND IN THE SAME FILE) are just fine.

The only difference I can determine between this table and others is that this table is partitioned via a hash, ie:

PARTITION BY HASH (BLD_ID_LST_ID, BLD_ID_REC_SEQ) PARTITIONS 8 STORE IN (ALPHA); while all the other tables have "regular" partitions based on the values of a particular field.

I'm waiting on Oracle support right now.

Any ideas? Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:59:59 CST