ORA-06571: Function USER_DEF_CASE does not guarantee not to update database

From: Sagar Nandela <nandela_v_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 13:42:39 -0800

Hi

I wrote a function called user_def_case.i want to call this function in select statement.

Example: SELECT user_def_case(1500,1,'0_2000') from dual;

I am getting the following error.

ORA-06571: Function USER_DEF_CASE does not guarantee not to update database

Inside function i want to insert errors into error_log table in exception handler if function fails due to data problem.If i remove this insert statement in exception handler section it will work.I saw posted messages related to this error.They suggested use pragram wnds.but it will not solve my problem.If i put this pragma wnds,it will not write errors into error_log table.I want to write errors into error_log table.Please help me,how to solve this problem.i am using oracle 8.0.5.

Sagar Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 15:42:39 CST