Problems with Oracle apps in Windows Terminal Server

From: Kyle <beaner_at_abcs.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 13:09:50 -0800

Running WTS SP6/MF1.8, farm of eight production servers. We are having a problem running two 16-bit Oracle published apps on the same server at the same time. One of the apps is a custom app written with Forms 4.5, the other is Oracle Manufacturing (Oracle 7.3.4). If these apps are published to run on the same server, the Oracle Mfg application jumps to the foreground at random while the user is in the Forms app. This is completely random in both number of times it happens, and location in the apps of the user. Oracle Mfg. only jumps to the foreground when the Oracle Forms app is active - it has no affect on other apps. I have contacted Oracle, but they didn't have a clue. Any ideas appreciated. Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 15:09:50 CST