Re: GMT/UTC from Oracle 8i

From: ahillman3 <Allen_Hillman_at_technologist.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 15:12:01 -0500

I am trying to get the results from DBTIMEZONE to convert into something I can add to SYSDATE to get the correct offset.

e.g. SELECT SYSDATE + DBTIMEZONE FROM DUAL (Doesn't work)

I've tried using to_char to convert the DBTIMEZONE, but it keeps complaining about missing right parenthesis.

---

How do I subtract/add the timezon to SYSDATE?

Allen H.