Re: Java and Oracle DB

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:04:39 GMT

Personally - I think IAS9i is the biggest piece crap ever thrown together - however this is just my personal opinion as administrator. However, I've done my share of Java programming in the past - If you want to go with java on the middle tier - download the JDK/JRE from Sun / use JDBC or SQLJ for Oracle connections and some Corba towards the clients ... in other words - write you're own Application with your favorite texteditor (well maybe for the GUI stuff you could use JBuilder - but that's it) - it can't get worse than IAS9i
Maybe you should have a look at what else is on the market ... (Bea ?)