Creating tempfiles does not reduce available disk space reported by "df "

From: Peter Hitchman <peter.hitchman_at_derwent.co.uk>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 04:31:17 -0800

Hi,
We are running a veritas filesystem, on Solaris 8.

I have created a tempfile temporary tablespace, but when looking at the filesystem where it is created with "df", the used/free space stays the same, it does not change until the tablespace is used. But I can confirm the file size using "ls -l". I have since managed to create tempfiles that do not fit in the filesystem, that then causes the dbw to get "out of space" messages from the OS and the file goes offline.

Does anyone know why this is?

Regards

Pete

[END] Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 06:31:17 CST