Does oracle 8i round extents up for new tables?

From: Leigh <lsatchell_at_geelongcity.vic.gov.au>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 04:08:06 -0800

Created some new tables with initial extent size 256k and when the tables created the extent count is one and bytes are 286720 bytes for all but a few of them instead of the expected 262144 (256k). I read at http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/creation/extents.htm that 7.3 rounds up to the nearest 5 blocks however thought 8i would not do as is has not for a few of the tables. There is no min_extlen set for the tablespace either and min_extents are 1. Can anybody please shed some light on this one since I'm tying to get an extent size to match my multiblock read count. DB is 8.1.7.2 with 8k block size.

Many thanks, Leigh. Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 06:08:06 CST