transportable tablespaces

From: Susanne Bagl <susanne.bagl_at_chello.at>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:47:11 GMT

Sorry for bothering you with this question, but I'm preparing for OCP and need some help to understand the transportable tablespace feature.

During EXP I'm using TRANSPORT_TABLESPACE=Y and TABLESPACES=users, indexes and FILE=expdmp.dat to save structural information With IMP I need TRANSPORT_TABLESPACE=Y and DATAFILES='(users01.dbf, users02.dbf, index01.dbf, index02.dbf)' ...

Why DATAFILES for IMP and not TABLESPACES (isn't the structural information about the exported tablespaces contained in the export-file?) Maybe this question is stupid, but it's not logic for me. Looking it up on technet doesn't make it clearer to me (the 1. and 3. paragraph are quite contradictory to me):

"You must specify DATAFILES.
TABLESPACES,TTS_OWNERS, FROMUSER and TOUSER are optional. The FILE parameter specifies the name of the structural information export file.

When you specify TABLESPACES, the supplied tablespace names are compared to those in the export file. Import returns an error if there is any mismatch. Otherwise, tablespace names are extracted from the export file."

Can anyone using this feature in practise help me out?

Thanks,

Susanne Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 03:47:11 CST