Database link question

From: Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 20:29:51 -0500

Hi all,

I want to grant USER_SELECT and USER_UPDATE roles of userB in database B to userA of database A to allow userA select/update on userB's tables.

I successful to create the database link between two oracle databases with the steps below:

On database A:

create public database link B using 'B'

Then on database B:

create user userA (I don't understand this step. If I don't create userA under database B, the grants below will not work)

Then

grant userB_USER_SELECT to userA;
grant userB_USER_UPDATE to userA;

Why I cannot grant USER_SELECT/UPDATE userB's roles directly to userA of database A
without create userA under database B?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DH Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 19:29:51 CST