Re: How to discover database in Management Console?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:12:24 +1100

You need to start the agent service for that box. Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Look for one called OracleOraHomexxxxxAgent (the 'xxxxx' there will be your own Oracle Home.

Discover Node is what you are after, by the way. The Management Server discovers the box, and the agent tells it what databases reside on that box.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000