Memory Leak

From: Lance <lancehatfield_at_atl.mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:08:39 GMT

Good evening,

Hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I've encountered. I recently downloaded 8.1.7 for Win98 to help study for OCP. Even before I ran the Universal Installer, but after extracting the zip file, I noticed that my PC was experiencing a serious memory leak.

I successfully ran the installer, but noticed that the memory leak was horrendous. I decided to go ahead and uninstall all the Oracle files, and deleted all the folders associated with the installation and the extracted zip file. However, I am still experiencing the memory leak. For example, if I start up or reboot my computer, once it has fully cycled through the startup, the pc is running with about 15% memory free. I can free it up (using MaxMem), but it will quickly run back down, without running any programs.

I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone might have for this newbie. Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 20:08:39 CST