Re: Oracle 9i Installation Problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:46:22 +1100

Not sure if I ever got back to you on this or not....apologies if "not". I honestly don't know what the problem is, but I'd hazard a guess that the download did not go quite as smoothly as it appeared to have done, and that some corruption to the download took place.

Either try it again or, given the size of these things, order the CD copies direct (I think they're only something like $30 or $40, and they should be delivered within a week or two).

I've never had a single problem installing Oracle version 8.1.Anything on W2K, both Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2. It constantly amazes me the number of problems people report here. I guess I must just be incredibly lucky (though I think it helps to have a clean server, too)!

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000