SHared REALM Memory ....... ORA817R3

From: Schemrooster <WAGates_at_Microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:02:41 +0100

Hi there,

Sorry if this question was posted already, but i wasn't paying much attention.
I have a problem with ORACLE 8.1.7. on W2K

I have a "standard" Database created on my server, and everything went smoothly. But after 13 days I got the message "Shared Realm Memory doesn't exist, ORACLE not available" when i tried to connect with SQL_Plus.

Rebooting the server had the same result... Nothing

After I started the Database creation tool and said "Edit" and changed nothing, but went through all the screens, ORACLE was up and running again. Can someone please explain this to me? I'm puzzled.

Thanx in_at_vance

Peter Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 17:02:41 CST