Re: Sybrand Bakker

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:35:58 +0100

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:tttglh781f5kd4_at_corp.supernews.com...

> You seem to be incapable of understanding my irony.

That is absolutely correct. Obviously neither me nor the original poster did regard this as irony. And I still cannot understand it as such.

> I frequently notice people do not learn a programming language anymore,
> whether it be Visual Basic, or PL/SQL or SQL, or whatever, they only know
> where to click.
> [snipped]

Are you in any way frustrated by your job?

> If you can't understand my irony, there are two choices for both us:
> either we both unsubscribe, or we put each other both in our respective
kill
> filter.

I won't do anything from this. Actually I have never put anybody into a kill file. I think this plonking is mad.

thinking ... maybe "plonking" is just a German short cut. I just do not know. Here it means "putting into the kill file".

> However I think you will be constantly at war here with every
experienced
> Oracle DBA (in your terms 'more than 5 years', for me more than 12)

I am absolutely able to discuss even a long thread with patience. I have no "bad emotions" about anybody here. This has been a duel with words, but no war.

I did learn a lot, and I hope one or two of the other readers can also say the same.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 09:35:58 CST