Re: Sybrand Bakker

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:14:08 +0100

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dcyD7.775$Fm5.329303_at_news1.sttln1.wa.home.com...

> I agree with George. I don't think the purpose of a NG is to hand out
> answers on a platter without some effort on the posters part. The search
> for an answer has its own benefits.

I totally agree with your statements. Not only those 3 lines that I copied above.

However they do not allow, how the original poster has been treated. If somebody gets told...

My suspicion that using a GUI interface destroys grey cells has now been thoroughly confirmed.
<<<

which I would translate to "you are an idiot", this is not the way people should be treated in a newsgroup. If somebody asks a silly question, and I have the impression that he is just a little bit too lazy for finding the answer himself, I will simply go to the next question.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 08:14:08 CST