Re: DBA to Solve your database headaches

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:01:49 GMT

In a valiant and sublime effort,Niall Litchfield frowned, dipped a thumb in soot and doodled:

>I am quite interested in this "Prolong" language that he knows.

Classic. Read: headhunter without a clue.

>Also a london based top database designer ought by rights to be somewhat
>more expensive than 700 quid a day on a short term contract.

Shewt! Mind sending some of those jobs down here? Down Under they think all DBAs have to work for the same $$$ as the latest "Indian expert": a "resume" half a mile long, at least three "university degrees", twenty five years experience and willing to work for $20/hour, 55 hours a week with no overtime pay (note: Pacific Peso is the currency here)...

Must be that "value for money" thing again. Or the "TCO". Gonna be fun when they wake up! ;-)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Tue Oct 30 2001 - 04:01:49 CST