Re: export WITH compress

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:36:35 +1100

No, I've never used a pipe, either, but that's the technique you're probably going to have to use -except that it will be compressing the output of the pipe as it happens, not the file before the one currently being produced.

Check out the Co-operative FAQ at Jonathan Lewis's web site (can't remember the address off-hand, but it's linked on the 'Other Resources' page of my own site, link below) for an answer about this by Norman Dunbar (from memory, the article is called something like 'how do I export when the dump file is too big?'). The treament of pipes is not maybe as in depth as you'd like, but I could work out the principles (and for a Windows User that's not a bad recommendation!).

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000