Re: Oracle And Sybase

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:08:33 +1100

Not that I know Sybase very well, but Oracle (3 versions of it) and MS SQL Server co-exist perfectly happily. I've also had Oracle and Informix co-exist for a few weeks. So I shouldn't have thought Sybase would pose any particular problems.

I wouldn't want to put it into production, however... the performance will be (is!) woeful, probably -I/O conflicts, memory resources having to be shared, etc etc.

So the real issues are those surrounding putting two of any database onto the one server, even two Oracle databases. Performance, performance, performance.

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Simon Taylor" <set_at_nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message

> What (if any) would be the issues about running BOTH an Oracle and a
Sybase