Re: Can 8i and 9i db server co-exist on NT?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 07:02:19 +1100

Chris: I have W2K, which is NT-ish I suppose. It's currently running 8.1.6, 8.1.7 and 9.0.1.1, all without any trouble at all. The new home issue is important, and I installed in the order I've just listed, and I wouldn't like to try it in any other order. Other than that, the only think I have to keep my wits about is working with things like exp/imp.... since 9i was the last one installed, it tends to get treated as the default, and 9i version of exp doesn't exactly work terribly well with an 816 database!

Regards
HJR

--

Oracle Resources : http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000