Rollback segments available?

From: Frank Habers <fhabers_at_inergy.nl>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:50:59 +0100

Question: We use ETL-tool Powercenter to load our data warehouse (Oracle8). When we monitor the process, we see that Oracle uses a lot of diskspace for the rollbacksegments. It seems to me very curious, because we have a commit-interval of 10.000 records and there are no concurrent queries on the data warehouse.

My question is: When are used-rolllbacksegments again available? Why doesn't Oracle uses the rollbacksegments of an old committed transaction instead of extent the rollbacksegment? Can we force to use old rollbacksegments.

Thanks in advance,

Frank Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:50:59 CST