Re: GMT/UTC from Oracle 8i

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:10:49 GMT

In a valiant and sublime effort,Sergey M frowned, dipped a thumb in soot and doodled:

>> Is there any way to get the current Date/Time from Oracle already
>> adjusted to GMT/UTC?
>> I've been looking at all of the DBTIMEZONE type functions, but I can't
>> figure out the correct combination to make it work.
>>
>Which problems you have when used a standart function ? If it's possible
>send your example

Yeah, a bit more info wouldn't go astray...

But assuming nothing else wrong, you should be able to subtract the timezone number of your area from SYSDATE to obtain the UTC.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 05:10:49 CST