Re: Another Oracle 9i and Linux question....

From: Michael: Dave II, Electric Boogaloo <michaeln_at_twentyten.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:27:35 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message news:3bdc87eb$0$9813$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> Slackware is not a supported distribution for 9i, so my suggestion is not
> going to be one you'll like: use Suse.

I kind of guessed that this would be the answer, but does the distribution really matter? Of course a possible answer could be "Obviously yes!", but from a problem solving point of view, it doesn't seem quite right. Where is the libclntsh.so library? If it wasn't created, where is it normally created? Perhaps I could give it a nudge somehow? I mean, how many programs out there say silly things like "RedHat 6.1 or higher required!" or "KDE 1.2 or higher" when they actually run on any Linux or any Window manager (so long as you have the KDE libraries).

Anyway, I'll start downloading Oracle 8. After that I'll consider giving up. ;-)

Michael

[snip] Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 19:27:35 CST