Re: Newbie: Select in PL/SQL

From: GREGORY KNESER <gregoryk_at_futures.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 29 Oct 2001 00:55:46 GMT

Thomas Kyte (tkyte_at_us.oracle.com) wrote:
: If you want the really long version of this story -- I have it in my book, it
: takes a couple of pages to go through but it shows that due to the fluidity of
: roles and how the dependency mechanism in Oracle is implemented, using privs
: from roles would be a disaster in a real system.

This was kind of what I was trying to get at in terms of "why" like "why would the Oracle programmers prevent using the role privileges in executing/compiling the stored procedures?" I'll trust you about the "disaster" part for now.

Greg Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 18:55:46 CST