Oracle install

From: Morten <morten_skovgaard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:40:35 +0100

Oracle install

Morten <morten_skovgaard_at_hotmail.com>

søndag den 28. oktober 2001 17:39:22

Grupper:

comp.databases.oracle.server;comp.databases.oracle.misc

ingen referencer

Hi!

I'm new to both oracle and linux so it's no big surprise that I'm having problems making things work...

I've just installed Linux Mandrake 8.1, downloaded Oracle 9i for Linux and installed. (It took VERY long!) I'm in doubt about how to test my installation and how to see and administer the database. The install program seems to have closed itself. I never saw a dialog telling me that the installation was finished.

If I try to go to $ORAHOME/OraHome1/bin and run "sqlplus" I get the following error:

sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does anyone know what the problem is? Do I need to install something extra? Has the installation failed?

Also I'm in doubt about the Java SDK which I'm asked to point to during the Oracle installation. What should I type there?

I hope someone can help me out since I would really like to make things work.

Morten Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 10:40:35 CST