User profiles - question

From: Orna Berlinsky <ornab_at_amdocs.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2001 03:06:58 -0800

I am trying to test the effect of user profiles.

I created a profile and named it o_p.

create profile o_p
limit logical_reads_per_call 1000;

and assigned it to MY_USER user

The RESOURCE_LIMIT parameter was set to true by alter system.

I ran the following sql statement :

select * from BIG_TABLE;

according to the tkprof - ~17000 reads were done for this statement ( query + disk attributes ) and yet - no error message was generated.

( BTW - when I limit CONNECT_TIME - it does work - and the session is terminated after the time limit I set .. so it is not a problem of the RESOURCE_LIMIT parameter )

I know that the logical_reads_per_call is for disk AND memory reads.

So, what is the problem ? Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 05:06:58 CST