Re: How to completely uninstall Oracle?

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:53:35 +0100

"Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ttmchn9qiaqe85_at_corp.supernews.com...
> You will have to go into the registry and your environment settings to
clean
> up after Oracle and you'll also have to remove some directories by hand.
> But in my opinion you can leave the legacy keys alone and they will have
no
> effect on future installation of Oracle products.

In my experience the LEGACY keys have been extremely important for a successfull installation. I did about 3 full installations and corresponding de-installations - unsuccessfully. Then I deleted those keys before the next installation and the database could then be used.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 03:53:35 CST