Re: Oracle9i latest Solaris Version?

From: Roel Toledo <dontsendmailstome_at_bogusmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 07:00:20 GMT

> What I've heard is that Sun is not a 'preferred' platform anymore ...
> rumours are they're working on their own database software ...
> However - I do not think they will discontinue releases on Solaris.
> Don't know if it's true or not ....

I don't know the truth either but just in case it is true that Oracle will discontinue releases on Solaris Sparc platform, Oracle Corp. must be out of its mind because Sun has the largest share of the unix server market. It is Oracle's loss not to port its database on the Solaris Sparc platform. On the other hand, Oracle's decision to desupport Solaris Intel platform was expected and probably a good move on the part of Sun. Sun should focus on the Sparc platform and should relegate the Intel platform to Linux. Received on Sun Oct 28 2001 - 01:00:20 CST