oracle9i on linux: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found

From: Neil Zanella <nzanella_at_garfield.cs.mun.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:38:14 -0230

Hello,

I had installed Oracle9i on Linux and everything was working fine until I rebooted. Now when I try to run sqlplus I get the following error:

$ sqlplus
Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found
Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus

I do have a bunch of files called
/usr/local/oracle/product/9.0.1/sqlplus/mesg/sp1*.msb installed on the system but how do I tell sqlplus which lang option to use? Do I have to set an environment variable or is there a flag I can pass to sqlplus?

Thanks,

Neil Received on Sat Oct 27 2001 - 22:08:14 CDT