Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 21:07:55 +0200

"Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:fTCC7.1931$ib.1140923_at_news1.sttln1.wa.home.com...
> The question was what pctfree are you going to use when you create your
> tables and what thought process will you go through to arrive at the
number
> for the particular table? It is part of the create table statement. You
> had said you would issue all the create table statements etc. that the
> application you were writing needed.

I did understand the question, but did you also understand my answer?

Did you really want an answer? The question "which PCTFREE to use" is almost as difficult to answer generally as was the question for which the answer is 42.

But if you want a real formula, here it is:

If you then arrive at a number between 0 and 99 (including), take it. If not, smash some flies and calculate again.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Sat Oct 27 2001 - 14:07:55 CDT