ORA-06xxx errors on Solaris

From: Hrishikesh <hashinclude_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2001 23:36:43 -0700

Hi,

I'm using Oracle 8i R3 (8.1.7.1) on a Sun machine, and trying to create a database.

After going through all the docs, I was able to create a database and get a TNS listener bound to that database.

However, I got the "ORA-06553: ... Package STANDARD not accessible" error.
After going through a few groups and FAQs etc, I ran the

~oracle/8.1.7/rdbms/admin/catalog.sql,
~oracle/8.1.7/rdbms/admin/catproc.sql and
~oracle/8.1.7/sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql.

The first two scripts (catalog and catproc) ran with some errors. However, pupbld.sql refuses to create anything it is supposed to create.

The error when I connect as user (now) is this:

ERROR:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_OUTPUT.DISABLE' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
Warning: Product user profile information not loaded! You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO ERROR:
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO.SET_MODULE' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

drop synonym product_user_profile

             *
ORA-01434: private synonym to be dropped does not exist   date_value from product_user_profile

                  *

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
drop table product_user_profile

           *
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
alter table sqlplus_product_profile add (long_value long)
*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
create table sqlplus_product_profile
*

ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace SYSTEM
drop table product_profile

           *
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
drop view product_privs
*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
  from sqlplus_product_profile

       *
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
grant select on product_privs to public

                *

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
drop public synonym product_profile
                    *

ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist create public synonym product_profile for system.product_privs
*

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.SYN$ by 5 in tablespace SYSTEM drop synonym product_user_profile

             *
ORA-01434: private synonym to be dropped does not exist create synonym product_user_profile for system.sqlplus_product_profile
*

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.SYN$ by 5 in tablespace SYSTEM drop public synonym product_user_profile

                    *

ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist create public synonym product_user_profile for system.product_privs
*

ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.SYN$ by 5 in tablespace SYSTEM Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Hrishikesh Received on Sat Oct 27 2001 - 01:36:43 CDT